Thursday 17 April 2014

Recipe Thursday. Chicken Pesto with Spaghetti.

As some of you may know, I really enjoy cooking. I make dinner for me and my lovely boyfriend each night, expect for Fridays and Saturdays!

I don't spend ages reading cookbooks and following recipes. I tend to chuck things together and hope for the best, and 98% of the time they work out really well and become firm favorites in my small family.

So I am going to let you know my Chicken Pesto with Spaghetti dish. This is very easy and only takes 30 minutes to cook.

(The beauty of this dish is you can just add more chicken breasts for more people!)

This serves two.



You will need:


  • Two defrosted/fresh skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
  • A good quality green pesto, either homemade or from a jar.
  • Spaghetti
  • Tomatoes, sliced. (Vine or Cherry will do)
  • Virgin Olive Oil
  • Parmesan Cheese to taste
  • Salt/Pepper to taste

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/400F/Gas mark 6
  • Drizzle a tablespoon of Virgin Olive Oil into a medium deep size oven dish.
  • Place your chicken breasts into the oven dish.
  • Spoon on the pesto generously on top of each chicken breast.
  • Also spoon a few teaspoons of the pesto around the chicken in the Virgin Olive Oil.
  • Place one slice of tomato on each chicken breast and the rest around the chicken, in the pesto and Virgin Oil.
  • Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. If you like a dryer chicken then cook for 35-40 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
  • Once the chicken is cooked, carefully remove the chicken breasts from the dish and place to one side.
  • Using a spoon, give the Virgin Olive Oil, pesto and tomato mixture a good stir. Season to taste.
  • Pour this mixture in the already cooked and drained spaghetti and stir.
  • Place the spaghetti onto serving plates/dinner plates and put the chicken breast on top. 
  • Finally grate some Parmesan cheese on top.
Serve with a glass of white wine!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful!! I make this but with no chicken, I use it as a side dish guess I never thought to put chicken in it!!! Thanks for the new recipe!!

    ReplyDelete